My Purpose-FULL Dilli Trip

Ufff... finally finally my trip here in delhi is about to end... Its been hectic, exciting, interesting, adventurous, so on so so on... Its hectic coz of study i had to do along with planning of my stay and travelling in trains.. Exciting coz i am gonna enter into millions of people's dream house, Dholpur House.. Interesting coz some1 is for the first time, going to judge my personality here... adventurous coz i came alone.. all alone.. all the time alone... :D But i should say i am going back from delhi today with lots of satisfaction.. Marks ka tho chodo yaar.. bas majaa aa gaya akele akele dilli ghoomne mein.. 

In this post i am not gonna talk about the Q & A of my interview... So Aspirants plz excuse me.. i know i am hopeless.. :P 

So i boarded Bangalore-Delhi Rajdhani....4days b4 my scheduled interview... 36hrs of Journey... I was impressed by rajdhani service.. This was for the first time i was travelling by it and infact surprized at the hospitality shown by Indian Railways.. They kept feeding with variety of items.. loved it... n arrived in Delhi on 9th morning... My interview was on 11th.... 

Checked-in in this hotel "The Spot" in paharganj.. Expecting it to be very worse, but found it decent enuf.. Delhi is a wonderful place and paharganj seems to be the most happening... With so many foreigners from chinese to english to french, its colorful n buzzing place.. ;)  Next two day would be the as usual  MY MAD days for me... Mad coz.. ever since this interview date was announced some 15days back, i was behaving weird like a mad fellow... Thinking in air, Talking to myself, Looking into vaccum, Reading all junk, ignoring people around me etc etc.,  hehe.. Some even thought i started ignoring them as a whole.. as i stopped receiving calls... but i never wanted to come out of this MAD MOOD ever since i got that 11th as my D-day... Breaking hearts is a part n parcel of my story...;)

After somehow killing these 2 days in my hotel room... Finally THE 11th arrived... Its Ugadi day.. very very auspicious day... I felt as if god was with me.... Kept alarm for 6:30.. but woke up at 5:30 itself... I was feeling kinda helplessness to even study.. In interview, they can ask anything within the Universe or even outside it... So switched on TV and kept on flipping channels till my alarm hit that 6:30... :D and then i started getting ready...  This is the first time i took care of my looks so much.. Decent Dress, Tie, Gel-ed up hair, Clean shave, new new shoes.. wow.. Next time i get ready like this would be on my Marriage Day only.. hehehe... aaah.. im loving myself... I turned out to be a IAS look-alike at the least.. :P Infact, Even my interview board couldn't believe that actually i look so different.. :P

After somehow killing time upto 11'o clock started off for my interview.... took metro.. Delhi Metro is all the same from the day i visited it last 3yrs back... With lots of delhites using metro.. its conjected, cramped and reminds us of India's population problems for a moment but the maintainance is awesome still... After changing 3lines.. Blue, Yellow and Violet... finally reached Khan market metro... UPSC is some 500mtr walk from here and strolled all alone as i reached there by 12 itelf....

The Sight of UPSC

A small walk and on the other side of the road,  i could see the Union Public Service Commission boards on the building walls...WOW.. Its probably the most wonderful moment of my life till now...I felt inspiring, spell-bound and my happiness had no boundaries.. This is THE place where so many people dream of coming...Wall Boards of UPSC were written in typical govt style.. but man.. i heard so much about this building from so many people... Its like a temple for lakhs of students and their parents....Many many IAS/IPS officers were interviewed here and then they went on to architect India's future.... I never started civils preparation with that great great urge to become IAS, i never pasted Mussorie pics or inspiring quotes in my room, i never listened to or believed those people who said "You will become IAS" unnecessarily even without me asking for it, I was never so so desperate like many... but  I felt so proud of having reached this far.. This was the moment of Joy... I never knew what was going to happen inside that building in the next half day.. but the very sight of UPSC made me ecstatic...My hardwork for the last 2yrs to reach this building was running infront of my mind like that Old-film wala flashbacks....I immediately picked up my phone and called home... My mom n dad went to temple as it was ugaadi.. shared my happiness with my Bro..but he had no idea how happy n proud i was at that moment....It's like on the top of the mooon.....This i felt for the second time in my life.. First was when i got admitted into IITR...I still cherish that moment...

I could see some anxious people waiting there... Parents were more anxious than students... and 1 Sir was giving lecture on what to say in interview and what is Rule of Law and what are constitutional provisions etc etc.. people were anxiously discussing... but i was just cherishing the whole atmosphere and the moments that were going on then...smiling to myself.. and then 1 Sikh sir intervined in my solitude... he asked me my details... he checked if i had come alone to interview.. i said -Yes.. then he checked if i had come alone to Delhi itself.. i again said -Yes... he was amazed and asked.. "kyaa aapke parents nahi aaye aapke saat.. kamaal ho yaar.. ias interview dene akele aagaye ho utne door se... " hehehee.... i always went alone to most important events of my life like interviews for IIT admissions, joining IIT, Giving job interviews, Joining in Job,  coz i never want any1 disturbing my MOOD...not even my parents.... and next i met 1 more senior pro guy.. i donno how many attempts he gave.. he came to me n asked  First attempt hai kya? i said Yes... then he said.. "thoda relax ho jaaoo bhai.... tum bahut nervous dikh rahe ho " ( i was amazed by his assessment as i was feeling confidence but he said nervousness)... and 1 more guy was there with hindu..i took Hindu from him n just read editorials n was giving it back 2 him... i told him that anyhow Newspaper would be there inside.. but he insisted "BHAI, Yehi padlo.. andhar newspaper nahi milega..." but i knew that newspapers wud be there inside as i read in some prev interview transcripts.. i told him that.. but he insisted again "BHAI, MUZE PATA HAI.. Nahi Rahenge.. mai expiernced hun..."  :-o..... I felt as if i was the only inexperienced guy there.. :(  but anyhow clock ticked fast.. n it was 1o clock.. After some initial checking... we were allowed inside... :D

Finalllllyy... I stepped into THE BUILDING.... I was so so happy n it was a dream coming true.............. Whatever myt be my result this year... but i loved this experience.....Will share my interview experience in my next post may be... :)






Comments

  1. Hi Annaya, this is munna..I wish you will be in the next IAS Batch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Life of An IFS Probationer... A Traveller Within

The Final Lap.... to my Dream Destination... LBSNAA... :)

Run Raja Runnn... Walk Walk...Walk in the Park...